2016 Free Boms

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday Treasures

Last Wednesday night I went to a brilliant concert held in an amazing venue.
Eddi Reader, and her oh so talented band, played at St Mary of the Angels Basilica in Geelong. 
It was a magical place to hear Eddi sing as her voice soared up to the beautiful timber rafters, and swirled around with the angels.  She is a true Scottish lass with magnificent red hair, pale ivory skin and the most delightful accent.  At the end of the concert she raised her skirts to her knee and danced a real Scottish jig. Magical.
It was an enchanting night.   Eddi captivated me and I was in the palm of her hand the whole evening.  I even shed a quiet tear, I was so moved by the beauty of her voice.  I love this feeling, I love being swept up by a great performer.


So this week my Tuesday Treasure is the joy I feel at listening to live music.  Do you have something you treasure to share with us.  It can be a person, a place , a thing or a feeling.  Anything you'd like really.  Just pop your details into Mr Linky and join in the fun.



FABULOUS FREE STUFF
The wonderful thing about our little bit of blog world is the multitude of amazing blogs and bloggers so willing to share their creativity.  I've just found Lilac and Lavender and I'm in love all over again.  If you love things vintage you need to pop over and visit delightful Megan.
At the moment she is sharing these charming gift tags.


A GIVEAWAY WINNER
This weeks giveaway donated by talented and truly lovely Michelle Ridgeway of Rag Tag Stitchin', with a few other little things popped in by me


is off to France and Sunny Bec of Living the Dream.  Congratulations.

16 comments:

  1. Nothing bets live music in a beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something magical seeing a performance in person , so happy for you that you enjoyed it so much . Congratulations to SunnyBec on winning the great giveaway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to go to the concert..... a night out is such fun....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Melody - I know this church - it really is lovely - and a wonderful place for a concert. It must have sounded fantastic :)I went to some very good friend's wedding there many years ago: A marriage between a Scot and a Pole(Polish?). The bride was piped in. At the reception we danced to an assortment of Scottish reels and Polish folk songs played on bagpipes, fiddles and accordians! Such Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Mel to feel like that,it must've been amazing.Congrats to Sunny on her lovely win.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The musical talent of same people can be breath taking. Sometimes it can reach right in to the soul of us and stir all kinds of emotions. I agree, it is an uplifting feeling, one we don't get enough of. Great treasure. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the most wonderful feeling to be so completely transported by beautiful music especially provided by the human voice. Sounds like a devine night Melody.
    Congrats to Linda....exciting going all the way to France!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your concert sounds 'divine'. I would have been lost as you were in the wonderful acoustics of the lovely old church.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a gorgeous place Mel and sounds like you enjoyed the evening. Hugs Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great time. The Quilt show sounded great too.. hope you are going to bring the books tomorrow so we can all have a sticky beak.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would have been a magical performance in that beautiful church. I think it would have set a lump in my throat and tears behind my eyes...just for the splendour of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading about the concert, Melody! Sounds like a magical experience for sure. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I have won!! I've just come to link up my Tuesday Treasure and I HAVE WON!!!! OMG.... How nice is that to start my day!! Thank you both so much.

    Melody I know how you felt, it's such a moving experience, it makes the hairs go up on the back of your neck... We have outside concerts in the Chateau at Rochechouart and the sound is just perfect....it's a lovely way to spend an evening. Will send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would dearly love to go see Celtic Women perform - I know I would disgrace myself and cry, lol, but it would be worth it! I too love live music. Congrats to your winner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A performance like that can certainly take your breath away. When our kids used to play in the school band I really looked forward to their end of year performances. The passion and talent of all the kids in the band was amazing and the pieces they played were just spectacular. The music just went right through you and you couldn't help but tap along with your foot while being completely enthralled. Cheers, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a magical experience that must have been and in that gorgeous church as well. Sounds like a fantastic night. Thanks Melody x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...