2016 Free Boms

Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Monday

One happy little hexie flower to start the week


We've had another trip to hospital...but this time it was poor John.  He spent the whole Father's Day weekend in the Austin Hospital.  He's home now and feeling much better.  Having a sickie in the house is the reason I didn't blog at the end of last week...life just keeps getting in the way of this little blog.

I popped into fabulous GJ's fabric on Friday, on the way home from looking after Henry, looking for some background fabric for my Confetti Quilt.  I chose some soft blue/grey linen.   It is gorgeous fabric but I'm worried it might be too bland...I'll have to have a think about it.
Another fabulous project to put on your Christmas To Do list.

I found it at the fabulous Bernina site.  Please follow this link for the pattern and tutorial.  Enormous thanks to everyone involved in sharing this with us.

Hope you have a fun filled day
Love

13 comments:

  1. Your happy little hexie is totally cute! Are the others that adorable? We need to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Your background is only drab depending on how you layout your quilt. Your hexies look lovely on it-maybe a pink border among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect little hexie! Hope J is feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty hexie flower. Its good to hear John is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor John. I hope he is feeling better. Glad you're feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the sweetest quilt blocks! Your like me, you like color but in thus case I think the "bland" look will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody makes lovelier hexies than you - that is utter perfection! Sorry to hear John was sick, hope he's much recovered now..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! I hope John is well on the mend and that you are okay. Love your sweet hexie flower. The background fabric for your flowers looks good but may be a bit dark perhaps? Hard to tell with photos. If you like it then keep it that way. If you are unsure you will never be happy with it when it is finished. Maybe just take a step back for a while and look at it again. I am forever taking ages to coordinate fabrics. Angel hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I send my best wishes to you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty flower, I like the background colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your John Ks better ....love the hexies 😇

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope John is soon on the mend! Love your beautiful hexagons! Christine x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...